Summer Meltdown is held at Sky Meadows Park in Snohomish, WA. For more information on our home, visit our venue page.
Directions to Summer Meltdown:
Plan your arrival at Meltdown! Gates open to all comers at 2pm on Thursday. Your camp site must be clean and empty by 12 noon on Monday.
If you’re the lucky holder of a Early Bird Pass, you can arrive as early as 10am on Thursday. All Early Bird print-at-home tickets say on them if they include early entry. The only other way to get early arrival on Thursday morning is with the Mesa Deluxe Add On.
- Thursday: 2pm-10pm
- Friday: 10am-10pm
- Saturday: 10am-10pm
- Sunday: 10am-8pm
Please note: you can leave at any time, only arrivals are limited to gate hours.
What to Expect
- Parking is charged per vehicle and valid for the entire weekend. All vehicles are subject to search upon entering the site. Vehicles parked in the general parking lot are allowed in-and-out privileges during gate hours. Please carpool!
- Weather in Snohomish, WA during mid-August can be unpredictable. Daytime temperatures range from 60 to 100 degrees and nighttime temperatures can drop drastically. Prepare to have fun, rain or shine!
- Portable toilets and hand-washing stations are located throughout the campgrounds and venue. There is no electricity in the campgrounds. Showers will be available, please do not use soaps or shampoos in the river.
- Guests are welcome to use the cell phone charging station provided onsite.
- Ice and potable water are available for purchase inside the venue, and roving ice sales are offered throughout all campground areas.
- An Emergency Medical Service team is available at all times. The EMS tent will be located next to the Security tent, please check the map for the exact location.
- Unauthorized vending of any kind is not allowed. Failure to stop vending when asked may result in your items being confiscated and donated to a local charity. Sharing yes, selling, no. You know the difference! Click here for Summer Meltdown vending information.
Summer Meltdown-Themed Gift Policy
- You are welcome to make up to 100 free gift items, such as stickers or hat pins, that are themed after Summer Meltdown, to give away for free at the festival.
- These gift items cannot include the Summer Meltdown official logos or official graphics, or any close approximation to them. Please be creative and make something unique!
- Anyone caught selling anything who is not an official festival vendor may have their items confiscated.
- If you are displaying your gifts like a vendor, you will be asked to put them away. If you do not comply your gifts may be confiscated. Seriously.
- Unauthorized giveaway items using the official Summer Meltdown logos and graphics may not be allowed into the festival and will be confiscated.
- Excessive giveaway items themed after Summer Meltdown may not be allowed into the festival.
- Unauthorized raffles are prohibited.
- You must be 21+ to consume alcohol. Valid ID is required to bring in, purchase, or consume alcohol and must be available upon request.
- A reasonable amount of unopened beer and wine (limited to one case of beer and one box of wine per person) will be permitted to be brought into your camping area. If, however, in the security’s judgment anyone in the vehicle is intoxicated, the alcohol is open, or there is an excess of the permitted amount, then the organizers reserve the right to confiscate the alcohol. Please be responsible, we don’t want to take your stuff!
- Alcohol may be purchased in our designated Beer Gardens by persons 21+ with proof of valid ID.
- No open containers are permitted in the general public areas. Alcohol must be consumed in your personal campsite or the designated Beer Garden areas.
- NO GLASS, kegs, liquor, or vending of alcohol is permitted in the campgrounds, and alcohol may not be brought from the campgrounds into the festival venue.
Bring It With You!
- Non-glass water bottle
- Camping gear (tent, tarp, sleeping bags, etc.)
- Lantern/flashlight/headlamp with extra batteries
- Flag or banner to identify your campsite
- Extra set of keys
- Rain gear (the party goes on, rain or shine!)
- Hat or bandana
- Warm Hoodie
- Extra pair of shoes
- Bug spray
- Biodegradable plastic bags for trash, separate bags for recycling and compost
- Extra toilet paper (you never know)
- Eco-friendly soap and shampoo
- Blanket for seating
- Earplugs (for sleeping or for when the music is jamming!)
- And last but not least, a costume for Saturday Night. We vote on the theme each year.
Leave it at Home!
IMPORTANT: The following items are NOT PERMITTED in the campground or festival grounds under any circumstance (and remember, we search every vehicle). These items may be confiscated and may not be returned. Many confiscated items are donated to a local charity.
- No glass containers of any kind (this includes wine bottles, beer bottles, drinking glasses, peanut butter jars, etc.)
- No pets (no matter how cute or tiny!)
- No structures in forested campgrounds. Pop tents, canopies, living rooms, couches, etc. are not allowed, to help ensure there’s space for everyone.
- No glowsticks. They are wasteful.
- No non-biodegradable glitter. Micro-plastic is bad.
- No laser pens or other focused-light devices
- No drones
- No fireworks
- No weapons
- No illegal substances
- No gasoline
- No generators
- No gas, wood, or charcoal grills (small propane camping stoves are ok!)
- No personal motorized vehicles (including scooters, golf carts, ATVs, powered skateboards, etc.)
- No professional photography equipment or cameras with detachable lenses (point-and-shoots without additional lenses are fine)
- No box trucks or trailers (camping trailers are okay, but will be considered RVs)
- No open fires
- No candles
The festival is located at 18601 Sky Meadows Ln Snohomish, WA 98290
You can purchase tickets online here or at the gate if they do not sell out. Cash is accepted at the gate.
We accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover credit cards. Mastercard, Visa, and Discover debit cards are also accepted, but they are run as credit. Gift Cards with the Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express logo on them are also good to use!
Tickets are NON-Refundable. This is a rain or shine event.
If you purchased your tickets and are unable to attend, we suggest you pass it on to a friend. Here are details on selling/transferring tickets:
Because so many Melters buy wristbands for their friends and family, we don’t care whose name is on a ticket. If it is the first time it’s been scanned at the gate, whoever holds it gets a wristband. So, to pass on a ticket all you need is the email with the print-at-home ticket attached.
This is great because it lets people easily pass tickets around and share. On the flip side, this could be bad because it means scammers can send five people the same ticket, tell them it’s legit, and then four people will be so bummed at the gate.
The original purchaser’s credit card will always be tied to the ticket they purchased, and they retain ultimate control over the ticket. Because of this, we strongly recommend everyone get their tickets from Meltdown directly or at least use some sort of ticket exchange for some kind of protection. Getting tickets from people you know and trust is also a great option. Every year people get scammed, and it sucks!
If you’re looking to sell a ticket, please use a ticket exchange, and do not post on the meltdown socials. We remove these posts because the meltdown socials aren’t an official ticket exchange with rules, reputation, or protection.
Maybe. If the festival doesn’t sell out, these are offered in the weeks before the event. Please note, the only single day pass available is for Sunday. If you want to attend Saturday only, you must purchase a 2 day pass. This has been our policy for the last several years due to guests overstaying the days they purchased, unfortunately!
Every vehicle needs its own General Parking Pass. Parking passes are per vehicle and valid for the entire weekend. The parking lot is located several hundred feet from the camping areas, and you may want to bring a cart or other means to transport your gear between the parking lot and the camping area. Please carpool.
Tent camping for one (1) tent is included in your ticket price. Please note that no structures or expansion beyond one (1) tent is allowed in the forested campgrounds. Pop tents, canopies, living rooms, couches, etc. are not allowed, to help ensure there’s space for everyone. For those who wish to bring in their vehicles, there are limited vehicle camping passes available for purchase.
For those who wish to camp in, or with their vehicles, you may purchase vehicle camping passes online.
Those who are tent camping may not bring vehicles into the campgrounds at any time for any reason.
There are no “in and out” privileges for camping vehicles. If you leave the designated vehicle camping area with your car at any point during the festival and intend to return, you will have to repay the vehicle camping fee or park in the parking lot and set up a tent. There is no camping allowed in the parking lot
Yes, once you have checked in and received your wristband, you are free to pass in and out of the festival grounds DURING GATE HOURS. Please note, those who purchase vehicle camping passes may not leave and re-enter the venue/camping in their vehicles.
Once the gate hours are over, you will need to wait until the next day to enter Meltdown!
NO. We are all animal lovers and many of us have to find somewhere for our pets to go for the weekend. Animals of any kind are not permitted on the festival grounds (that includes your car in the parking lot). If you bring them you will be asked to leave.
Yes, there are beer gardens for those who are 21+. IDs will be required so please bring them. Our beer gardens feature local micro-brews, wine, and hard liquor.
There are many wonderful food vendors attending the festival this year, sure to entice everyone’s taste buds!
You are welcome to bring your own food into the festival grounds (Note: no glass containers).
No. Campfires are not allowed in the grounds. However, you are welcome to bring a stove to cook your own food.
Yes, there is cell phone service at the venue.
Yes, there will be ATMs. However its a good idea to bring at least $50 to $100 of spending cash to the grounds. $1 and $5 bills are highly encouraged to help our vendors out with change!
Absolutely! Aluminum cans, plastic bottles, and clean paper products are collected on-site for recycling. Food scraps and food-soiled paper items are also collected to be composted. Please help us by keeping your garbage, recyclables, and compostables separated. Glass bottles are not allowed at the festival so please do not bring them.
This is a family event. There is a kids area with many awesome activities happening throughout the weekend in The Kids Zone. Note: This is not a daycare.
Children must be supervised by a parent or adult at all times and everywhere, including in the Kids Zone. Please be aware that the entire grounds are open-air with late-night music.
Yes, with our RV with Hook-Ups Pass. Check out the ticket page for more information.
Yes. Please do not bring soap or shampoo to the river. River use is encouraged, but please don’t pollute it with body care products, even if they are marked as biodegradable.
Yes, there are stores in the town of Monroe a mile from the festival grounds.
Yes, if camping is not your jam, there are several hotels located within a reasonable distance to the venue.
- Be patient when you arrive! Remember, it’s a long weekend of fun ahead and we are working as fast as we can to get it started in a safe manner.
- Bring a wagon or wheelbarrow to help pack in and out your gear.
- No glass containers will be allowed at all. Please don’t bring them.
- No Fireworks, No Drugs – all state and federal laws apply at Summer Meltdown!
If you would like to pay with PayPal, they offer a buy-now-pay-later option for purchases via our ticketing partner Eventbrite. Learn more about this option at https://www.paypal.com/us/digital-wallet/ways-to-pay/buy-now-pay-later
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By attending Summer Meltdown, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
The Snohomish Health District is tracking COVID-19 carefully and working with the community to reduce the impacts of this virus. We can all help fight this pandemic by staying informed and prepared. The Washington State and Snohomish County mask requirements for most public indoor places, including festivals, was lifted as of March 12, 2022. This makes masking optional in most public settings. You can find information on COVID-19 specific to Snohomish County at https://www.snohd.org/532/Coronavirus-Information.
Per current local guidelines, Summer Meltdown will not require any health entry requirements for the festival this July 28-31, 2022. We encourage all attendees to continue to take care of each other by testing before your arrival at Sky Meadows Park and by wearing a mask if you are unvaccinated.
Summer Meltdown is unable to offer refunds to those who test positive for COVID-19 prior to the Event. However, if you purchased a ticket and can no longer attend the festival, consider posting your ticket for resale at CashorTrade.org, Summer Meltdown’s official secondary ticketing marketplace: https://cashortrade.org/summer-meltdown-music-festival-tickets/. There is no fee for sellers on CashorTrade’s site.
Finally, if you test positive for COVID-19 during Summer Meltdown, please do everything you can to not expose our community to the virus and exit the Festival.
Absolutely! Small lawn chairs are allowed into the venue.